MISSISSIPPI STATE BOARD OF CHIROPRACTIC EXAMINERS
AN ACT TO CREATE SECTION 73-50-2, MISSISSIPPI CODE OF 1972, TO PROVIDE THAT MISSISSIPPI OCCUPATIONAL LICENSING BOARDS SHALL ISSUE A LICENSE TO AN APPLICANT WHO ESTABLISHES RESIDENCE IN THIS STATE IF THE APPLICANT HOLDS A CURRENT LICENSE IN GOOD STANDING FROM ANOTHER STATE; HAS BEEN LICENSED BY THE OTHER STATE FOR AT LEAST ONE YEAR; AND SATISFIES CERTAIN OTHER CONDITIONS:
TO PROVIDE THAT THE LICENSE ISSUED TO THE APPLICANT WILL BE IN THE DISCIPLINE APPLIED FOR AND AT THE SAME PRACTICE LEVEL AS DETERMINED BY THE OCCUPATIONAL LICENSING BOARD
Pre-application Requirements for Universal Licensure:
1. Valid Chiropractic license, at the independent practice level, issued by another state
2. Out-of-state license in good standing, with no disciplinary action.
3. Proof of Mississippi Residency
4. Passing Score on the Mississippi Jurisprudence Examination.
5. Notarized Affidavit of eligibility.
Individuals applying for Universal Licensure should be prepared to submit with your application:
1. Verification of Licensure in Other Jurisdiction. You must have held this license from the occupational licensing board in the other state for at least one year.
2. Copy of original licensure file which includes supervision verification forms, transcript, and national exam scores. If the state will not forward a copy of your license file, then you must submit the documentation directly to the Board as required.
3. Proof of Mississippi Residency. (see instructions below)
4. Certificate of completion of Mississippi Jurisprudence Examination (see instructions for applying below)
5. Notarized Affidavit of eligibility. (link to form).
If you have met the pre-application requirements and want to begin your application for Universal Licensure/LPC, please print the PDF below for reference and follow the Instructions below.