MISSISSIPPI STATE BOARD OF CHIROPRACTIC EXAMINERS
AN ACT TO CREATE SECTION 73-50-2, MISSISSIPPI CODE OF 1972, TO PROVIDE THAT MISSISSIPPI OCCUPATIONAL LICENSING BOARDS SHALL ISSUE A LICENSE TO AN APPLICANT WHO ESTABLISHES RESIDENCE IN THIS STATE IF THE APPLICANT HOLDS A CURRENT LICENSE IN GOOD STANDING FROM ANOTHER STATE; HAS BEEN LICENSED BY THE OTHER STATE FOR AT LEAST ONE YEAR; AND SATISFIES CERTAIN OTHER CONDITIONS:
TO PROVIDE THAT THE LICENSE ISSUED TO THE APPLICANT WILL BE IN THE DISCIPLINE APPLIED FOR AND AT THE SAME PRACTICE LEVEL AS DETERMINED BY THE OCCUPATIONAL LICENSING BOARD
The Universal License cannot be used to transfer to another state. It is good only in Mississippi.
Pre-application Requirements for Universal Licensure:
1. Valid Chiropractic license, at the independent practice level, issued by another state
2. Out-of-state license in good standing, with no disciplinary action. (Form to be sent to state for verification)
3. Proof of Mississippi Residency
4. Notarized Affidavit of eligibility.
Individuals applying for Universal Licensure should be prepared to submit with your application:
1. Verification of Licensure in Other Jurisdiction. (Verification Form) You must have held this license from the occupational licensing board in the other state for at least one year.
2. Copy of original licensure file which includes supervision verification forms, transcript, and national exam scores. If the state will not forward a copy of your license file, then you must submit the documentation directly to the Board as required.
3. Proof of Mississippi Residency by providing one of the following documents:
A. MS state-issued ID card
B. Residential utility bill w/ applicant’s name & address
C. Proof of ownership or current lease of residence
D. Proof of in-state employment or notarized letter of promise of employment
E. Other proof demonstrating Mississippi residence
4. Notarized Affidavit of eligibility. (link to form).
If you have met the pre-application requirements and want to begin your application for Universal Licensure/LPC Click Here.